Destiny 2 Forsaken, the third addition to Destiny 2, was launched in 2018. It’s a first-person shooter game, and the story spins around taking revenge for the death of Cayde-6.
With the launch of Destiny 2 Forsaken, new items got introduced in the game, like Corsair Down & Badge. In this article, we will be covering everything about Corsair Down.
If you have Corsair Down, you can find it in your inventory. You will get clues related to the actual regions where the body lies. We have mentioned some of the clues and what do they mean.
What’s Corsair Down?
Corsair Down is a random quest drop that is obtainable while patrolling in the Dream city. Corsair down’s drop rate is low, so completing Public events or Blind Wells is preferable.
The primary function of this item is tracking deceased soldiers.
How does it work?
When you get Corsair Down, open your inventory. Take a glance at the description & you will see it’s somewhat a communication instrument. The device will be sending SOS with a repeating memo linked. You will find a hint written in the message.
The hint is for the location of the sender. After reaching the spot, interact with the deceased body. Doing this will spawn a boss. Defeating him will give you a Corsair badge.
Locations of SOS messages
The SOS leads to a few locations such as Garden, Bay, Spine & Mist, Harbinger, Chamber, Aphelion, and others.
If the hint is related to the garden, you have to move towards the Gardens of Esila. It’s to the south of The Strand.
Some locations where others found the bodies:
- After stepping down from the staircase, there will be a circular scaffold with a tree. Beyond the tree, there’s a wall where you will find the body.
- The second body is lying north of the first one. Like the first one, this body is also resting against a wall.
- Look for the west of the garden. Another body is lying there at the edge of the scaffold.
- Again, head towards the north from the third body. You will find an Awoken Statue in ruins. Alongside the statue, you can see a planted tree. The body will be close to the tree.
- The last one lies near the doorway to Harbinger’s Seclude adjacent to the stairs.
If the hint is related to the bay, you can move towards the Bay of Drowned Wishes. The entrance is from behind the landing site.
Exact places where the players found the corpses:
- The first one is resting near the boulder at the cave’s entrance.
- There will be a boulder visible from the mist. You have to look out for the left-most one. It will be observable from the region behind the foremost Abomination that arrives.
- From that spot, move towards your right to another land. The dead body will be lying under the spike of the sloped boulder.
- Reach to the entrance of the bay. Now track the stone wall on your right until you reach a byroad. The body will be lying around the grassy path. There will be a couple of purple-colored Selvitor Shells near the body.
- In the boss’s cavern, there will be a secluded boulder. The body will be right there in the mist.
Spine & Mist
For the hints related to Spine & Mist, search for Spine of Keres. You can find Observatory with oracle on the site. Look out for the region that is northwest of the Observatory.
These are the locations where many players found the body:
- On the coast, you will see a boulder. The body will be lying nearby to the boulder.
- At the end of the land that adjoins the seaside, you will find a cliff. There will be a body lying around the cliffside.
- From the same region, you have to hop down for another body.
- Find the dirt road on the coastal lines. Move along the road and look out for a heap of stones on your right. The corpse will be lying there on the stack.
- Move towards the left from the stone heaps, and search for a tiny boulder. You will find the body lying there.
Any hints related to Harbinger are pointing out to Harbinger Seclude. You can find it to the north of Rheasilvia. It will be easier to reach Harbinger if you have ventured into the Dreaming city before.
Some sites where players found the bodies:
- The foremost one is lying right on the earth after the entrance.
- The second body is lying next to the pillars near the gate to the Cryptolith chamber.
- After you enter the Cryptolith room, towards your left will be a few rocks. The body will be lying right there.
- Reach to the Awoken Building on the northern end. The body will be lying on the exterior wall of the building.
- For the following body, go into the next room. Now hop down and revolve around. Reach to the lift shaft. From there, the body will be lying straight near the pillar.
Clues linked to Chamber are pointing to the Chamber of Starlight. You can find the Chamber of Starlight in the southern region of Rheasilvia.
Usual spots where players found the body:
- The first body will be lying right in the region with red grass. The spot is to the left of the boulder placed in the middle of the room.
- Track the dirt road to the next room and hop onto the ridge.
- To the right of the second corpse, move a bit further, and you will find a tiny boulder. The body will be lying around that boulder.
- Move along the wall from the third body until you hit the corner of the dugout. The body will be right there.
- Reach the Lock Sector chest. From there, move rightward to the sealed Dreaming City doorway.
If you get hints related to Aphelion, head towards Aphelion’s Rest. First, you need to the cliff on Petra Venj. Now jump off the ridge, and you will see a cave behind once you land.
Few spots where the players located bodies:
- From the entrance, move towards the Taken Thrall. In the middle, you will find a boulder. The body will be lying next to the boulder.
- The second body will be lying next to the wall near the Dreaming City tower sculpture.
- Vault onto the ridge of the Dreaming City tower statue.
- There is a dingy area to the left of the Lost Sector Chest in the Chamber. There will be a body lying right there.
- Behind the chest, there will be a couple of ledges. Hop on those ledges. There will be a wall on your right with a body lying there.
Using Corsair Badge
As told before, the boss will spawn at the dead body. After you defeat the boss, you will earn the Corsair Badge.
You then have to carry the Corsair Badge to Queen’s Guard Camp. You can find the guard camp around the massive fate in Divalian Mists. You will encounter many NPCs there.
Interact with any of the NPC & present them the Corsair badge. They will show gratitude towards you for bringing the deceased soldier’s badge and offer you rewards in return. These rewards include dark fragments or gears.