Get your seat belts tight and get ready for the new package from electronic art “The Sims 5,” a game that is being played by millions across the world.
After waiting for 9 years, EA Games has finally decided to launch the game “The Sims: Project Rene” in 2025. The announcement was made at the sims summit, and the first look was launched. The name ‘Rene’ is connected to renewal, renaissance, and rebirth.
The Sims is a popular life simulation video game series developed by EA (Electronic Arts). Players create virtual people, called Sims, and manage their lives, relationships, and daily activities.
The Sims games allow players to build and decorate homes, pursue careers, have families, and socialize with other Sims.
The series was first released in 2000 and has since become one of the best-selling video game franchises. The latest game in the series is The Sims 4, released in 2014.
Now the company, after being affected by a huge mass appeal as the sim’s fans were waiting for something more exciting and juicier, is planning to launch SIMS 5, and Mrs. Laura Miele, the chief studio officer, EA, in an interview, revealed it.
What The Sims offers:
- The company will follow the tradition of making the game a safe place for the players. It will allow people to freely create their world by designing a prosperous impeccable metropolitan or destroying everything.
The information regarding the game comes from all directions, so we request you take this information with a pinch of salt.
So, let’s begin,
- They are going to improve graphics and character design, which will make them more polished, and we will see an expansion in the features of character and building.
- The main focus will be increasing our game experience by enhancing animations and life events. You will get more freedom in decoration and customizing the characters so that you can get much-polished gameplay.
- The most highlighted part will be that of “Multiplayer.” A player who has been playing this game for a long time will be surprised to see this feature as the player was habited to individual playstyles rather than teaming-ups.
- Players can play their regular game, craft their world, build their awesome building, and manage their city, while multiplayer is available for those who want social interaction. People can visit each other’s houses for parties without interfering with the main appeal of THE SIMS 5.
- One of the rumors says that we might see a story mode in the game; this will take the player to a narrative path.
- This game will also add a feature allowing you to visit your friend’s customized house or building for the first time.
- We will be seeing toddlers in this game. This will add a realistic and interesting touch to the game.
- During the Sims summit, when the game’s first look was released, viewers got first- a hand look at a new color wheel and patterns in replacement of former pre-selected color designs and samples.
- We will also see a greater number of relationship options. Whether monogamous, polyamorous, open, long-distance, casual, or asexual, romance is far more diverse than The Sims has historically supported.
- You will be getting diverse and inclusive pronoun options in the game to be on the side of freedom. You will be free to express your identity clearly.
- Taking a step further, the latest version of the game will see an introduction of religious characters wearing hijabs and some Christian and Jewish symbols. This will add more diversity to the game.
- One more feature that will be seen is cross-progression and cross-platform compatibility. Officials showed in a video how players would be able to seamlessly switch back and forth between their mobile and PC using the same save file.
The Sims 5 and The Platforms
The Sims 5 has not been officially announced or released by Electronic Arts, so it is not currently supported on any console.
However, previous iterations of The Sims franchise have been released on multiple platforms, including PC, Mac, Xbox, and PlayStation, so it’s possible that The Sims 5 could be released on one or more of these platforms in the future.
Sims 5 price for PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, and Xbox will be between $50-$70. At the same time, DLC will cost the players separately.
The Sims 5 System Requirements
Here are the official system requirements for the game;
- CPU: Intel Core i5-11300H
- RAM: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 1060 or better
- Disk Storage: 18 GB
- OS: Win 10 (64-bit)
- VRAM: 6 GB
- CPU: Intel Core i3-9300T
- RAM: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 850 or better
- Disk Storage: 18 GB
- OS: Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
- VRAM: 2 GB
At this time, we don’t have a specific date for the release but according to the sources, we might see the release any time before 2024.
The company plans to share updates about the progress of the game timely as quoted below
“Over the next couple of years, we’ll continue sharing updates with all of you on Project Rene,” The Sims’ Franchise Creative VP Lyndsay Pearson said.
“We’ll share In-Progress Work, Explorations, Sneak Peeks, and Behind Scenes Content. As well as start to open up Early Access to Project Rene software to small groups over time. I’ll say this one more time before I go: this is super early for us and we’ve never shared information about our games years before they launch to the world.“
The Sims 4 will shut down?
There are rumours that EA will take down SIMS 4 after the release of SIMS 5. This is completely wrong.
EA will never take this step because it always thinks about the sims and with the help of experience in the years with its audience it will only improve the series to provide its players best gameplay and will never shut down any of the games.
Is the Sims 5 trailer Real 2023?
There is a trailer of the new game under the title of “SIMS 5 Official Trailer”. Well, it’s a fake one. Don’t trust any of these the game is still under construction. It will be released through the official channels when it is ready for launch.
We hope that all the information given by us has satisfied all your questions and also must have triggered a wave of excitement for the upcoming game. Let us wait for the launch.