Minecraft is a popular sandbox adventure game that has limitless possibilities to build and explore the open world.
Mojang Studios is the creator of this game, and this company is known for giving the best gaming experience to the players. However, Minecraft has some flaws like any other game.
Most of the players have reported that their game is stuck at the loading screen, which can be frustrating at times.
No matter wherever you play the game (like a gaming console or a PC), the loading screen issue can spoil the gaming experience.
In this article, we have listed some of the best solutions you can try to fix the loading screen error.
Ways to Fix Minecraft Loading Screen Issue
Method 1: Restart the Minecraft Launcher
One of the basic and most useful solutions to fix the loading screen error in Minecraft is to close the launcher and restart it. For this, follow the process as mentioned below:
- Press the ‘Ctrl+Shift+Esc’ keys to open the Task Manager.
- Now, click on the ‘Processes’ tab and select the ‘minecraftlauncher.exe’ file.
- Click on ‘End Task’ and close the file.
- Now, open the Minecraft launcher and see if the loading screen issue is fixed or not.
If the issue isn’t fixed, move on to the next solution.
Method 2: Check Your Internet Connection
This is a simple yet effective solution to fix the Minecraft loading screen issue. You need to check your internet speed by visiting speed-checking sites like speedtest.net or fast.com. Also, you can try to switch between wireless and wired internet.
Method 3: Uninstall the Antivirus Software
Antivirus software is known to interfere with the functionality of a few apps and games. Many reputed antivirus programs are not compatible with the Minecraft game.
You can either try to uninstall these antivirus programs temporarily or try to disable them for a while till you finish playing the Minecraft game.
Here is how you can temporarily disable the antivirus program on your system:
- Firstly, press the ‘Windows + I’ hotkey and open the ‘Settings’ of your Windows system.
- Now, click the ‘Update and Security’ option and navigate to the ‘Windows Security’ on the left pane.
- Click on the option ‘Open Windows Security’ and navigate to ‘Virus and Threat Protection.’
- Now, click on the ‘Manage Settings’ option.
- Here, toggle off the ‘Real-time protection’ option.
Method 4: Don’t Use VPNs
Mojang, the developers of the Minecraft game, have blocked the users who are trying to log in to the game through VPNs.
If you are using any free VPNs or proxies, it is recommended to avoid them. The higher the ping time, the higher chances of facing loading screen issues on Minecraft.
Method 5: Update the Device Drivers
Make sure to check if your device drivers are up to date or not. Corrupted or outdated drivers can lead to gaming hanging and loading issues.
To fix this issue, it is recommended to visit the official website of the laptop manufacturer and download the latest drivers as per the model number of your device. Now, install these latest drivers and see if the issue is fixed or not.
Or you can automatically update the drivers from Windows Device Manager.
Method 6: Remove the adware
Removing the adware has helped many players fix the loading screen error on Minecraft. Follow the process below to remove the adware:
- Firstly, navigate to the official website of Malwarebytes and download the Adwcleaner on your system.
- Now, go through the on-screen instructions and complete the installation process.
- Run a scan and remove the malware.
- Now, restart the system, relaunch the Minecraft game, and see if the issue is fixed.
Method 7: End the Runtime Broker
Though this is a temporary fix, you can still give it a try:
- Firstly, launch the Minecraft game.
- Now, press the ‘Ctrl+Shift+Esc’ hotkeys to open the Task Manager.
- Now, look for ‘Runtime Broker.’
- Select it and click on the ‘End Task’ option.
If you want to fix the issue, follow the steps given below permanently:
- Firstly, right-click on the ‘Start’ menu and click on the ‘Windows PowerShell (Admin)’ option. Or you can even use the Windows Search option.
- Now, paste the below command and hit ‘Enter.’
Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage
- Now, restart the PC and check whether the Minecraft game is loading properly.
Method 8: Update Windows Version
Like the drivers, corrupted or outdated OS can lead to a lot of glitches and issues. It is recommended to check for the availability of the latest OS and install it. Here is how you can do that:
- Firstly, press on the ‘Win + I’ hotkeys to open the Windows Settings page.
- Now, click on ‘Update & Security’ and select the option ‘Check for Updates.’
- If the system finds any new update, click on ‘Download and Install.’
- Now, wait for the download to complete and then install the latest OS.
- Restart the system and see if the issue is still present in the Minecraft game.
Method 9: Run the Game in the Compatibility Mode
Running the game in compatibility mode will ensure the glitches are fixed. Here is how you can do that:
- Firstly, right-click on the Minecraft launcher and then click on the ‘Properties’ option.
- Now, navigate to the compatibility tab and choose Windows 7 for compatibility mode.
- Also, ensure to check if the ‘Disable fullscreen optimization’ option is disabled.
- Now, click on ‘Select’ and then apply OK.
Method 10: Reinstall the Minecraft Game
Sometimes, it is recommended to uninstall the game and clear the glitches present in your system. Once clearing the glitches and temporary cache, you can reinstall the Minecraft game by following the steps below:
- Firstly, open the ‘RUN’ box by pressing the ‘Win + R’ keys.
- Now, type appwiz.cpl in the run command box and then hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Right-click on the Minecraft file and click on the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Now, type %appdata% in the Windows search bar and see if any folder is appearing. If yes, open it.
- Create a backup of the worlds folder and then delete the .Minecraft folder.
Follow any of the fixes given above and clear the Minecraft loading screen error on the system.