Do you want to change your Minecraft username? If so, then this is the right page for you. This article will show you step-by-step instructions with screenshots to change your username.
Minecraft is a popular video game in which players build blocks and break them apart, Minecraft lets players create three-dimensional worlds.
Players love this game because it allows them to create their own world and do whatever they want with the environment around them.
In Minecraft, each player is uniquely identified by a username. A username is helpful for identifying players when they are close to seeing Gamertags on-screen.
The process of changing a Minecraft username is very simple. It requires only a few steps. But if you are using Minecraft PE, then you can’t change its username. It’s because this version uses PlayStation Gamertags.
Many users find it difficult to change their username in this Minecraft game. That’s why today, I’m going to show you how to change Minecraft Username easily in this article.
Also, Read: 10 BEST Minecraft Base Ideas in 2021
So, let’s get started without taking any more time in the intro!
How To Change Minecraft Username?
If you want to change your Minecraft account profile name, you will need to follow some sequential steps. So read the instructions carefully listed below and follow them accordingly.
- First of all, Go to Mojang’s official website by going to https://www.mojang.com/ in your browser.
- When you first visit the website, you’ll see the interface and then click on the Account tab in the upper right corner.
- Enter your email address and password in the Log in button to access your account.
- Locate the Profile Name section in the middle of the page.
- On the right side of the Minecraft username, click (Change).
- After clicking change you’re redirected to the Rename Profile section in the middle of the page.
- Enter the username you wish to use. Keep in mind that the username you want should be available, you can check this by clicking the Check Availability button next to the username.
- If your username is available, you will see the message “username is available.” If the username is already taken, you will see a red message “username is in use.“. In that case, try a different username and then click Check availability again.
- If the username is available then Enter your password at the bottom and click “Change Name.”
- When you click Change name, your username will be changed immediately.
- After your name has been changed, please note that you may need to completely close out of your game, and launch it again in order to see the update.
Now you have successfully changed your username. Your Minecraft username has been updated for the next 30 days. You can update it again after 30 days have passed.
Limitations To Change Username Of Minecraft
You need to know about the limitations of changing Minecraft’s username if you want to change it. The following are the limitations of changing Minecraft’s username.
- You cannot change your username if you have created your account less than 30 days ago.
- You cannot change the username of your account before 30 days if you changed it a few days ago.
- The username you choose must be unique enough that it hasn’t already been taken.
- Only letters, numbers, and underscores should be used in the username.
- Ensure that the username has two letters minimum.
- The username should not have more than 16 characters.
- There should be no spaces in the username.
- If you change your in-game username, it will not affect your Minecraft profile name.
What Was the First Name of Minecraft?
The first name of Minecraft was Cave Game. Markus Persson, also known as Notch, created Minecraft in 2009 and originally called it Cave Game.
How Many Game Modes Are In Minecraft?
Four different game modes are available in Minecraft: Creative, Survival, Hardcore, and Adventure. Each mode has its own unique gameplay mechanics and features, which makes it an extremely appealing and popular games platform.
- Survival Mode: This game mode is designed for kids to collect various resources, fight against bad guys, and create various kinds of items. It has exciting features for kids to enjoy.
- Creative Mode: This mode helps kids to learn all about the features of Minecraft and quickly jump to the game.
- Hardcore Mode: Minecraft Java Edition is required to play this mode, which is a survival test for players.
- Adventure Mode: This mode creates challenges and tells stories to players to help them guess how the blocks are made. It is a more advanced mode of Minecraft.
How Often Can I Change My Username?
You can change your username once every 30 days in the Minecraft game. Your previous name is saved for 37 days after you change it. So if you change your mind, you will have an additional week to switch back to your previous username.
Can I Change My Username In Minecraft Without Waiting 30 Days?
No, you cannot. If you want to change your username, you have to wait exactly 30 days. Your account will be stuck with that name until 30 days have passed unless you buy another account. If you want to change it, you could contact Mojang or Microsoft (or whoever owns it now) but I’m not sure that they will change your username.
Conclusion | How To Change Minecraft Username?
So, I’ve explained how to Change Minecraft Username, and I hope this article has helped you better understand.
A good name is essential to identifying a Minecraft player. That’s why you need to choose a well-known, unique, and cool username.
Fortunately, the Java edition of Minecraft allows changing usernames, but the console and PE editions do not.
Save your username accurately because, once you save the changes, the username cannot be changed for the next 30 days. Your old username is available for 37 days, so if you want to change it, you have an extra week.
It is important to consider that if you change your Minecraft name, it may cause data loss and server errors, but you can fix it easily.
If you’ve any questions and suggestions let me know in the comment box below.
Thanks for reading!
Also, Read: How to Find Buried Treasure in Minecraft (the Easy Way)