If you are not happy with your name as your Fortnite username for any reason, you will most likely want to change it as soon as possible.
However, it is worth noting that to change your name on Fortnite, you will have to log in to your Epic Games account.
The reason is that your Epic Games username is the name that shows up on Fortnite whenever you play the game.
The best part about changing your name on Epic Games is pretty simple.
However, there are a few things you need to keep in mind while changing your name on Fortnite.
Also, Read: 10+ Best Sweaty Fortnite Skins to Use
First of all, you should be well aware that Fortnite does allow changing your username as many times as you want on its Epic Games website.
But there is a small caveat to this. While you can change your Epic Games username, you can only change it back after two weeks once you have changed it.
There is a two-week lock between changing usernames, so it is not possible to change your username within the next two weeks if you have changed it today.
Apart from this, you also need to know that this will only change your Epic Games username.
This will not change your name on Fortnite if you are playing the game on PlayStation, Xbox, or Switch because you need to change your Gamertag for that.
How to change your name on Fortnite?
This article will tell you all the steps you need to perform to change your name on Fortnite.
You need to note that it is possible to start this process on the Epic Games launcher, but we recommend you do this process on the Epic Games website because you will eventually need it.
- First of all, go to the Epic Games Website from here and log in with your account credentials.
Also, Read: How To Do Split Screen On Fortnite (Console, PC)
- Once you have successfully logged in to your account, you will need to click on your account icon in the upper right corner of the website.
- Using the Epic Games Launcher will have to click on their account icon in the lower-left corner and choose “Manage Account.” This will take them to the Epic Games website.
- It doesn’t matter if you click via the Epic Games website or the Epic Games Launcher; it will take you to the same place, which is the General Settings page.
Also, Read: Best Voice Changer for Fortnite Available
- Tap the Edit icon shown as a blue pencil next to your display name to start changing it.
- You will now see an editing dialog box open up in front of you. You will need to enter your new name and re-enter it to confirm it inside this dialog box.
- Also, you will have to tick the box which says that you understand that changing your Fortnite username is not possible for the next two weeks if you change it right now.
- Once you tick the box and click on “Confirm,” you will be returned to the Settings page and see that your username has been changed.
- To see your new username on Fortnite, log out of the game and log in again to see your new username.
- In this manner, we can change our name on Fortnite.
This article has shared the exact method to change your name on Fortnite using the Epic Games website and even the Epic Games Launcher.
We have also mentioned the caveat that you can change your name as many times as you want, but there is a two-week lock on changing the name.
Also, this guide is not for those who play their game on Xbox, PlayStation, or Switch. But it is for those who use the Epic Games website or Epic Games Launcher to play Fortnite.
Also, Read: 10 Best Soundboard for Discord in 2022