It is a well-known fact that chatting is a very important thing that gamers do while playing their favorite multiplayer games.
This is the same for shooting games such as Valorant and if you are playing the game without a professional microphone then staying in touch with your teammates can be hard.
In fact, we know that not many Valorant players have a professional microphone setup and very few of them even use a mic to chat with their teammates.
The developers of Valorant have finally added a chat feature to the game which can be helpful for you to stay in touch with your teammates.
We know that it is easier to do voice chats while playing the game, text chats can also be helpful if you don’t have a setup and still want to communicate with fellow players.
Now, there is a learning curve to use the text-based chat system in Valorant and we are sure that many of you have not figured out how it works as yet.
In this guide, we will help you with how to chat in Valorant and enhance your gaming experience even further:
Also, Read: Valorant Anime Skins You Can Try Right Now
How to Team Chat and All Chat in Valorant
The developers of Valorant have allowed players playing the game to have text chats and it is very simple as well.
You just need to press a combination of keys at the same time and you will be able to chat with your teammates.
One gentle piece of advice we would like to give you is that you should stay civil in your chats with your teammates because you never know when things go south.
The most important part about chatting with your teammates is to know what their strategies are, what they are planning to do and how you can help them execute them.
In this manner, you will also be able to play longer and help your teammates in the game.
How to Chat with Everyone in Valorant?
Inside Valorant, you can chat with everyone playing the game at the same time which is also known as “all chat”.
- It is worth noting that to chat with everyone in Valorant, you just need to press Enter and Shift keys at the same.
- One thing you need to keep in mind is that you have to type “/all” before your message to chat with every team currently playing the game.
- Players can also access the dialogue box inside Valorant by pressing the Enter button and reading the messages.
One example we can give where the chatting system is so helpful is when a hacker or someone who is playing a cracked version of the game enters the lobby, everyone in the chat can alert others to the person and kick him out of the lobby.
Also, Read: How to Download Fortnite on iPhone?
How to Chat with Your Team in Valorant?
- To chat with your team in Valorant, you simply have to press the Enter button because the game is designed in such a way that the team chat opens by default.
- If you enter a message without the “/all” operator then the chat will only be read by your team and no one else.
- You would see some players using the “/party” operator to send a message to the team but it is not mandatory but you can know that those players have been playing the game for a long time.
Whenever you want to chat about your strategies with only your team, you can use the team chat in Valorant.
How to use different Chat Modifiers in Valorant?
While most players playing Valorant will only be aware of the “/all” and “/party” modifiers to chat with all players and team players respectively, there are a lot more chat modifiers available inside the game.
Given below is a list of chat modifiers that you can use inside Valorant:
- Team chat: ‘/team’ followed by the message.
- Party chat: ‘/party’ followed by the message.
- All chat: ‘/all’ followed by the message.
- Replying to a private message: ‘/r’ is a command that can be used to reply to a private message instead of typing the player’s name.
- Whisper chat: In order to send a whisper chat, press Enter + Ctrl to open the chatbox. Type name of the player whom you want to send the whisper and then press ‘Tab’ and start typing the message.
- Nullify Game: If for some reason a player is abandoned by their teammate then they can start a vote for everyone to nullify the game. For this, the player needs to type “/remake” and nullifying the game only happens when the majority of votes are in favor.
- Surrender: If you want to surrender the game, you can type “/ff” or “/surrender” or “/concede” in the chat.
How to Voice Chat in Valorant?
If you want to use the conventional method of using your voice to communicate with other players and you already have a microphone setup, you can use the voice chat feature available inside Valorant.
To open a voice chat, you need to perform the following:
- Open Valorant, head to its main menu and click on the gear icon in the top-right corner.
- From here, select Settings and go to the Audio tab and click on voice chat.
- You can set it to voice activation mode or you can also change key bindings are per your liking.
If your teammates complain that your voice is coming out too loud or otherwise, you can always adjust the volume from the Audio tab.
In this article, we have discussed all the possible methods through which you can chat in Valorant.
We have also mentioned all the chat modifiers that most people don’t know about in Valorant.
So you can get a competitive advantage inside the game and create an impression among fellow players that you know what you are doing.
We know that players love to have a chat in Valorant and we are sure that you will love it too.
Go and have a chat with your teammates in Valorant and let us know if you face any issues, we will try to get back to you with a solution as soon as possible.
Also, Read: 10 Best Vandal Skins in VALORANT (2022)