Flying in Minecraft might seem very complicated unless you have good experience in playing Minecraft.
Though there are multiple ways to fly in Minecraft, not everyone knows the exact steps to fly. Hence, in this article, we have covered the different ways to fly in Minecraft in a detailed manner.
How to Fly in Minecraft on Windows, Mac, and Chromebook?
Every player in Minecraft wishes to fly in the specific game modes they are playing. No matter what platform (like Windows, Mac, and Chromebook) you are using, follow the exact steps below to fly in Minecraft.
By using the cheat modes, you can fly in Minecraft, similar to the creative mode. Here is how you can follow step-by-step:
- Firstly, open the game menu by tapping on the ‘Esc’ button.
- Now click on the option ‘Open to LAN’.
- If you see the ‘Allow Cheats’ option is off, turn it on.
- Now, select the option ‘Start Lan World’.
- You are now good enough to start using the cheat codes.
You can change the world’s mode with the help of these cheat codes with simple commands in the console box.
How to fly in Minecraft in Creative mode?
There are different game modes available in Minecraft. In the ‘Creative Mode’, you are more like an in-game God rather than a player. To fly in the creative mode, follow the steps given below:
- If you are playing Minecraft on a PC, you can enter Creative Mode with the help of a simple command in the chat box: /gamemode creative. Now, hit the ‘Enter’ key. Your game will now switch to Creative Mode.
- On the other hand, if you are playing Minecraft on any gaming console, you can need to restart the game by clicking on ‘Create New World’ and setting the game mode to creative.
- Once the game is switched to the ‘Creative Mode’ and you are ready to fly, then simply press the ‘Jump’ button twice. If you are on PC, the jump button is the spacebar; on Xbox, it is the A button; and on PlayStation, it is the X button.
- Once you are able to fly, you need to learn how to navigate with the help of directional buttons on your PC, Xbox, and PlayStation. In case you want to stop flying, you can double-tap on the ‘Jump’ button again.
How to fly in Minecraft In Survival mode?
If you want to avoid flying in the ‘Creative Mode,’ there is another option, i.e., the Survival Mode. In this mode, you need to equip yourself with the Elytra. It is very complex and time-consuming compared to the ‘Creative Mode’. Here is how you can fly in Minecraft in Survival Mode:
- Firstly, you must travel to ‘The End and find the End city. You need to defend the Ender Dragon, and then two portals will be created after this. One of these portals will take you to the End islands, where you can see the End cities sprawling.
- Now, you need to find the End Ship. Usually, these are big gray ships that are 1000 blocks away, and they spawn here.
- In the End ship, look for the special room having Obsidian. Here, you can find Elytra and chests. In the inventory, Elytra looks like a big pair of wings. Though you can get more than one Elytra, it is more time-consuming.
- Now, equip the Elytra and jump off from a tall space. When in the air, press the jump button, and you can see that you can now fly in Minecraft. However, you cannot navigate as simply as in the Creative mode.
- In mid-air, Elytra will start shuddering and descending. During that point in time, you can use fireworks to give an extra boost.
- The more you fly, the more durability of Elytra will reduce. You need to repair them with the phantom membranes, then.
How to Fly in Minecraft on Android and iPhone?
Unlike the PC and gaming consoles, flying in Minecraft on Android and iPhone is a bit difficult. You need to either use cheat codes, or you need to find Elytra. In order to avoid the complexity of fighting with the Ender Dragon, it is suggested to use the cheats and fly.
The process of flying in survival mode remains the same across all the devices. However, the hunger and experience meter is not visible on Android and iPhone devices.
How to Fly in Minecraft With a Command?
Before you follow the below steps, make sure the chests are turned on:
- Firstly, open the menu and go to ‘Settings’ of Minecraft.
- On the right side of the screen, you can find ‘Cheats’. Click on it and enable it.
- Now, exit the screen.
Now, if you change the Minecraft world mode, you can use the cheats and fly. You can either press the jump button or F12 till you start flying. However, the only downside of using cheats is that fellow players will not get any achievements till the end of the game.
Single Player Commands to Enable Flying in Minecraft
In the Education and Bedrock editions, you need to use the Mayfly command to fly. For the player to fly, use the syntax: “/ability <player’s name> <true/false>.”
To type this command in Minecraft, follow these steps:
- Press T in the chatbox.
- Now, type “/ability @player mayfly true” (as shown in the image below).
- Now, hit the ‘Enter’ key and run the command.
- When the ability is updated, you can see it in the left corner of the screen. Now, you will be able to fly.
These are some of the ways you can try to fly in Minecraft. You can either try flying the Survival mode or Creative mode or use the cheats to fly. Do let us know which one worked for you in the comments below.