Genshin impact is a famous anime-style game developed by a Chinese studio, miHoYo. The game was released on September 28, 2020, for Android, IOS & Playstation 4. Later in April 2021, it was released for Playstation 5.
There is a possibility that you are facing bugs or don’t like the game altogether. In that case, you need to either re-install or uninstall the game. This article will guide you to uninstall Genshin Impact from your computer and how you can delete your in-game account.
Uninstall Genshin Impact on PC
If you have downloaded Genshin Impact from the Epic Games Store, you can uninstall the game from the Epic Games launcher itself.
- Open Epic Games app.
- Locate Genshin Impact in the store’s library.
- Click on the dots in front of the games, and select uninstall.
If you didn’t use Epic Games, use the following process for uninstalling Genshin Impact:
- Right-click on the game icon and select open file location.
- In the Genshin Impact folder, find the uninstall file.
- Click on this and confirm the uninstall process.
- The launcher will uninstall the game.
If this didn’t work for you, use the Genshin Impact launcher to uninstall the game.
- Open the Genshin Impact game launcher.
- Click on uninstall.
- Confirm the pop-up asking for uninstall.
- The game will get removed from your PC.
Another option is to use the Control Panel for uninstallation.
- Open the Control Panel directly, or you can press Windows + R, type in Control Panel, and hit Enter.
- Now go into programs and uninstall programs.
- Find Genshin Impact in the program lists.
- Right–click on the game and select uninstall.
That’s it. You have successfully removed Genshin Impact from your PC. If you are looking to start a new game in Genshin Impact, uninstalling the game will not work unless and until the account used to play the game is changed.
If you wish to start over, you need to create a new account using a different email ID. You have to sign up on their official website using the new e-mail for a fresh start.
These are all the options available for uninstalling Genshin Impact. If you want to delete your account instead of the game, you need to write an email to the developers, mihoYo. Account deletion generally takes between 30-60 days from the developers.
Now you know how to uninstall the game, but what if you want to play it again? Follow the steps mentioned for installing Genshin Impact:
Install Genshin Impact on your PC
- Go to their official website, and Sign-up using your e-mail ID.
- After signing up, you have to select Windows or iOS.
- Now click on download.
After downloading, you need to install the game, and you are good to go.
Genshin Impact is also available for mobile devices.
Uninstall Genshin Impact on mobile
- Tap and hold on to the Genshin Impact icon. You will get the option to uninstall the game. Tap, and the game gets removed from your device.
Another option is uninstalling through the Play Store:
- Open Play Store, and search for Genshin Impact. Tap on uninstall.
What is Genshin Impact?
Genshin Impact is a sandbox game based on the fiction realm of Tevyat. Tevyat includes seven nations ruled by different gods and elements.
The rise of the Anime-watching community was definitely behind the popularity of this game. Genshin Impact crossed boundaries with a massive $3 billion revenue from the first year of its official launch.