The endless possibilities of crafting & creating on Minecraft make the game the greatest & undying ever since its release nearly a decade ago.
You can create anything & everything with a wide range of blocks, decoratives, stones, dyes, fences, etc., available in the Minecraft world.
In addition to this, you can even craft mechanical items like pistons using various ingredients. Minecraft pistons function like actual real-life pistons. They move in an upward motion & push other players or anything placed on top of it.
Like numerous in-game items, there’s a procedure to craft these pistons & for that, you need to learn the Minecraft piston recipe. It’s an easy one & there are various alternatives to the raw material required for the piston recipe, making the process even more effortless.
Minecraft Piston Recipe: Step by step
Firstly, take a peek at the raw materials required to make a Minecraft piston. Raw materials are the most crucial part of crafting anything in Minecraft. Here are all the ingredients needed for piston & how you can fetch them in Minecraft:
- Wood planks x 3: Wood planks are simple to make & all you require is a wood block. Navigate to your crafting menu (2×2) & place it. You can include the following wood planks in the Minecraft piston recipe –
- Oak Planks
- Acacia Planks
- Dark Oak Planks
- Crimson Planks
- Birch Planks
- Iron Ingot
- Spruce Planks
- Jungle Planks
- Warped Planks
- Cobblestone x 4: Cobblestone is the most common Minecraft item & is easily obtainable. Use a pickaxe to break the stone.
- Redstone dust x 1: You’ll need to locate & mine Redstone ore to take out Redstone dust (use a pickaxe).
- Iron ingot x 1: For iron ingot, you’ll require a furnace & iron ore. Smelt the iron ore to obtain iron ingot.
Once you’ve collected all the required raw materials for making a piston, let’s dive into the procedure or the Minecraft piston recipe:
- Begin with launching the crafting menu (3×3) as shown in the picture
- On the top most row, place the 3 x wooden planks.
- Place the cobblestone blocks on the remaining boxes in the first & the last column of the crafting table.
- Take the iron ingot & put it in the center of the grid & the Redstone dust in the box below.
That’s it. You’ve successfully learned the Minecraft piston recipe & even crafted one on your own. Just like this, there are hundreds of different & awesome crafts that you must try. But is this it? Well, no. There’s an add-on to forming a piston to make a sticky piston.
Minecraft Piston Recipe: Sticky Piston
Yes, you can convert your regular Minecraft piston into a sticky one. Like a default piston, this one also moves in an up-down motion. But, a sticky piston catches the player or any entity on its top.
The recipe for a sticky piston is somewhat straightforward:
- Open the crafting table in your Minecraft world.
- Place the piston on the bottom of the second row & a slimeball in the middle of the grid. That’s it. You’ll obtain a sticky piston as an output.