The undisputed king of sandbox games, Minecraft, never disappoints its user base. The endless possibilities & regular patches & updates are the reasons behind its popularity. But the only thing that might bother some players is the pixelated theme.
Not many Minecraft users enjoy the pixelated in-game graphics that the game offers, especially after playing the game for so long, & want somewhat realistic visuals.
Fortunately, there’s a solution to this issue. Players can add texture packs to Minecraft to modify the visuals around the game.
In simple words, these texture packs improve the graphics to the next level. So the question is how to add texture packs to Minecraft? Let’s take a look at the installation process.
Before you download any texture or resource pack for Minecraft, make sure the site you’re using is trusted or secure.
How to add texture packs to Minecraft?
For Minecraft Java Edition Players:
Unfortunately, Java Edition players have the most prolonged process for adding textures to Minecraft. The missing feature in Minecraft Java Edition is direct marketplace access.
If you want to add texture packs to Minecraft, you have to download them & place them in the games folder on your own. The files will be in a .zip file.
- For the Minecraft Java edition, launch the game from the client.
- Before selecting singleplayer or multiplayer on the home screen, click on options.
- Under that, you can see the Resource Pack option. Click on it.
- Now you’ll see a list of packs that you’ve previously installed if any.
- To add a new one, select the Open Pack Folder option at the end of the list.
- A folder will pop up.
- Add the downloaded texture packs to this folder.
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed a texture pack to Minecraft.
For Minecraft Bedrock Players:
The Bedrock users get it more effortlessly than Java edition players. Unlike Java Edition, you can access the official Minecraft marketplace in the game.
There are hundreds of different texture packs & other such in-game items available for download under the Global Resources section in your settings.
If you need to add a specific texture pack to Minecraft & cannot find it in the marketplace, you can manually search for the files & the installation process is more effortless than the Java Edition.
- Launch the application.
- Navigate to Settings > Scroll down to Global Resources.
- You’ll see a list of downloaded packs if any.
- For adding new texture packs to the game, click on View More Packs.
- You can see a ton of texture packs here. Some of these are free & the rest are not.
- Don’t forget to activate the texture pack after downloading.
If you have downloaded the texture file manually, click on the file (.mpack) & let it install. That’s it. Launch the game & you can see a pop-up for completion of the process.
The 1.18.32 Update, Minecraft Pocket
For players with the Minecraft Pocket edition, you can access the Marketplace directly from the home screen.
- Launch the game & Click on Marketplace.
- Now select Textures & More.
- Select All textures.
- You’ll get a pool of texture packs here.
- You can purchase & install these texture packs & more such resources from the Marketplace.
After purchasing & downloading these texture packs, click on the my packs option & select activate.
By now, you have learned all the methods of adding texture packs to Minecraft. With the latest textures & resource packs available in the marketplace & outside of it, players can level up their gaming experience.
Minecraft has already proven itself as an undying game & community, & additions like these are taking its popularity to a whole new tier.