Minecraft Realms is also known as just “realms”. It is a feature in Minecraft that allows a person to set up a private server to play with other gamers.
In short, friends and family members can play simultaneously on the “Realms”.
Though the servers on Minecraft are easy to set up, not everyone can do it with perfection. Realm is an official server from Minecraft that helps you set up gameplay between ten members at maximum.
If you are facing an error on Minecraft Realms, you can try using the following solutions given below.
How to Fix Minecraft Realms Down Issue?
Method 1: Check for the Server Status
Most of the time, the developers of the game try to upgrade the server or keep it in maintenance mode for a few hours.
This might trigger the ‘Minecraft Realms down’ error. So, to check if Minecraft Realms is working properly or not, you need to visit a website like downdetector.com.
If this website shows that Minecraft is down, then you need to wait till the developers of the game fix the issue.
On the other hand, if the Minecraft servers are working fine, you need to check for the other solutions given below to fix the problem from your end.
Method 2: Restart the PC
Restarting the computer is one common fix when it comes to gaming. Whenever you restart your PC, all the temporary bugs and cache associated with the game will be cleared.
Method 3: Check your Internet Connection
Sometimes, when there is a poor internet connection, you might see that the Minecraft game does not launch properly.
To fix this issue, you need to check for the internet speed on websites like speedtest.net or fast.com.
In case your internet bandwidth is low, then we recommend you reset the modem by following the steps given below:
- Firstly, plug out all the cables from your modem.
- Now, press the reset button given at the back of the modem (do this only if you know the username and password of your modem).
- Turn off the power and wait for at least 5 minutes.
- Now, turn on the power and plug in the cables to your modem.
Check if your internet connection is fixed or not. If not, we recommend you contact your internet service provider.
Method 4: Clean the PC
Sometimes unwanted applications might be triggering the Minecraft from running smoothly.
Install any PC scanner software or antivirus software that can detect unwanted registry files and clean that junk from your PC.
Follow the process below to clean the malware files from your system:
- Firstly, open your antivirus on the system.
- Now, go to the ‘PC Security’ option and then click on ‘Scan Now’.
- After the scanning is completed, you can see a list of unwanted files and malware.
- Now, click on the ‘Clean Now’ option to remove all the unwanted files from the system.
After the cleaning process is completed, we recommend you restart the system and then run the Minecraft game again. See if the issue is resolved now.
Method 5: Uninstall the Applications
There might be a few applications that can interfere with Minecraft Realms. You need to manually check and uninstall the unwanted applications from the uninstall programs section.
To uninstall the applications on your Windows system, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, go to the Windows start menu by pressing the Windows logo.
- Now, type ‘Control Panel’.
- Under the ‘Programs’ section, you can find the option ‘Uninstall a Program.’ Click on it.
- Now, find an application to uninstall and tap on it.
- Click on the ‘Uninstall’ button present on the right.
Method 6: Disable the Plugins
Though the plugins might improve the gaming experience, sometimes they can also lead to internal errors. If you have any incompatible or outdated plugins, try to check them and either uninstall or update them.
To check for the version of the plugins installed in Minecraft, type ‘/version’ inside the plugin. This will show the list of the plugins installed on Minecraft and their current version.
Method 7: Uninstall and Re-Install the Minecraft Game
If none of the above-mentioned techniques work, we recommend you uninstall the Minecraft game from your system and then try to install it again.
To uninstall the game from your system, try to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, try to find the location of your game through the control panel on your Windows system.
- Now, on the right-hand side, you will see the options to uninstall the game. Click on the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- This will complete removing the game files from your system.
- Now, restart the system and re-install the game.
Now that you are aware of the possible reasons that cause the ‘Minecraft Realms Down’ error try to use any of the solutions mentioned above and fix the game.
If none of the above-mentioned techniques work, we recommend you to check with the support team of Minecraft.