It’s fascinating to know that there are always new skills and techniques you can learn to enhance your gaming skills. For instance, there is a thing called “Drag Clicking” which can be really helpful while playing games where you can use CPS(Click per seconds) to your advantage.
If you are wondering what drag clicking is and how can you do it, you have come to the right place. In this guide, I will tell you everything you need to know about drag clicking. Along with that, I will also link some great mice for drag clicking.
Also, Read: What Does ADS Mean in Gaming?
What is Drag Clicking?
Well, the name kind of gives it away, doesn’t it? Drag clicking is the process to register more clicks on your mice by dragging your finger on the mouse button. Some people also call it Fazer tapping or Tap clicking.
One of the main use cases of drag clicking is in games like Minecraft, Roblox, Clicker Heroes, etc. These are the games that can take advantage of better CPS. The more CPS you have, the better you can perform in these games.
When you drag your finger across the mouse button, the friction created between your fingertip and the mouse button creates vibrations. These vibrations are then picked by the mouse switch and you end up registering more clicks than you normally would.
For your context, if you are an average gamer then your CPS would be around 6-8. If you are a really good gamer then you might have 14.1 CPS(which is also the World Record according to Google). With drag clicking, you can take your CPS score to about 32 or even more.
If you want to check out your CPS score, you can do it by going to this website: https://www.arealme.com/click-speed-test/en/
How to do Drag Clicking?
While it might sound easy, drag clicking isn’t that easy and like most things, it takes a lot of practice to be good at it. Although, once you learn the basics, it is a straight path to drag click then.
Also, there are specialized mice for this, you can’t do drag clicking on all of the mouses. I will list some of the best mice for drag clicking below. You can buy one of those if you like.
Learning How to Drag Click Step by Step
- First of all, make sure that you have a mouse that supports drag clicking. After that, make sure to clean the surface of your mouse and your fingers as well. Because drag clicking takes advantage of the friction between the mouse button and your fingertip. So you do not want any oil or dirt on it.
- Now hold your mouse like you normally would. That is keeping your thumb on the left side. Keep your index finger on the left mouse button and the middle finger on the right mouse button.
- Once you are ready, just flick your wrist and just drag the fingertip of your left/right finger over the mouse button. Just slowly and steadily drag it all the way to the top.
- Remember that, you should not apply too much pressure. Just glide your finger on top of the mouse button. You will know that you are doing it right when your start hearing the grinding noise from your mouse.
- You can also verify if you are being successful in drag clicking. Just go to this link and try to drag click and check the number of clicks when you drag click.
What Else Do I Need to Know About Drag Clicking?
If you ask the gaming community, they have mixed opinions on drag clicking. Now drag clicking can help you in PVP mode in many games.
But then there are a lot of other factors involved and just being good at drag clicking won’t make you a pro at a game. Factors like position, type of weapon, etc also have their fair share in a PVP game.
However, drag clicking combined with other good skills will give you a competitive advantage.
Just so you know, some Minecraft servers don’t allow drag clicking. They believe it is an unfair advantage for the players and ban them from doing drag clicking. The servers include— Hypixel, SaicoPVP, Mineplex, etc.
Also, drag clicking takes a serious toll on your mouse switches. So if you will do drag clicking regularly, chances are your mouse will have a significantly shorter life.
Best Mice for Drag Clicking
If you really want to get a mouse for drag clicking then it is important that you get the right one. Just note that not all mouses support drag clicking. Here are some of the best mice for drag clicking:
|Logitech G502 HERO||Amazon|
|Razer Deathadder Elite||Amazon|
So that was all about drag clicking. If you want to have a competitive advantage in PVP mode in games and CPS plays an important role, you should definitely learn how to drag click.
With the mouse listed, you can easily learn the entire process. I hope this guide helps you in enhancing your gaming skills.
Also, Read: Best Gaming Mouse Available Right Now to Buy