Dragon Age Inquisition is a game that has become very popular in a very short period of time and people love to play this game on PC.
This game is available on Windows including Windows 10 and people love to play it on their PC or Laptop.
It is also worth noting that the game runs without any problems for some while others face a lot of issues launching this game on Windows 10 in the first place.
We have heard people saying that their dragon age inquisition is not launching in Windows 10.
Don’t worry because we are here with some fixes that you can try on your device and solve this error.
Also, Read: How to Fix OpenGL Error 1281 in Minecraft?
How to Fix if Dragon Age Inquisition not launching in Windows 10
Before applying any fix to your Dragon Age Inquisition game or your Windows 10 PC, it is advisable to run a restart or relaunch the game.
Because it is seen that just a simple reboot or even relaunching the game fixes the problem and you don’t need to do anything further.
But if you have already tried restarting your PC and the game and still the error persists then you need to apply the fixes mentioned below.
It is also possible that your antivirus installed on the computer is causing problems with the game.
So if you can, please disable the antivirus or uninstall it so that it does not cause any problems with Dragon Age Inquisition.
Fix 1: Check System Requirements to run Dragon Age Inquisition
The minimum system requirements to run Dragon Age Inquisition on your PC are as follows:
OS: Windows 7 or 8.1 or Windows 10 64-bit.
CPU: AMD six-core CPU @ 3.2 GHz, Intel quad-core CPU @ 3.0 GHz.
System RAM: 8 GB.
Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 7870 or R9 270, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660.
- If your PC does not fulfill any or all of the system requirements that are mentioned above, the game will not launch on your system.
- In order to check your system specifications, you can open the Run dialog box on Windows by pressing Win+R, enter dxdiag and press Enter.
- This will show you all the information about your PC. You can compare the same with the minimum requirements mentioned above.
Also, Read: How to Fix Discord Text to Speech Not Working?
Fix 2: Clear Cache of Dragon Age Inquisition
There is a cache folder that is created whenever you run any software or game on your PC and this cache folder helps to launch the game faster.
However, it is sometimes possible that the same cache folder can cause problems with launching the game.
Therefore, we will clear the cache folder of Dragon Age Inquisition and see if the launch problems get solved or not.
- Close the game as you need to enter Safe Mode.
- To enter Safe Mode, you need to press Windows key + I to open Settings.
- After that, click Update & Security from Windows Update left pane.
- Choose Recovery then click on Reboot Now under the Advanced Startup option.
- Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart.
- On the next screen, press F4 to enter Safe Mode.
- In Safe Mode, press Windows+R and type %ProgramData%/Origin, and press Enter.
- Delete all the folders inside it except “Local Content”
- Press Win+R once again and type %AppData% and press Enter.
- Find a folder named Origin and delete it and restart the computer.
Fix 3: Perform Clean boot in Windows 10
In order to see if any third-party software is conflicting with Windows, we will have to perform a clean boot.
This can be done by disabling all the applications so that they don’t restart at launch and you can do so as follows:
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box and enter msconfig and press Enter.
- Go to the Services tab and click on the “hide all microsoft services” box.
- Click on “Disable All” which means that all third-party apps will be disabled.
- Now, click on “Apply” and press “OK” to save changes.
- Right-click on the Taskbar and click on Task Manager. Go to the Startup tab and you will see that all apps are disabled.
- Now, reboot your computer and see if the error gets solved or not.
Fix 4: Run the Game with Administrator Privileges
In order to let the game do some administrative changes for its elements to function properly, we will have to give it administrator privileges.
To do this:
- Open the game’s installation folder and right-click on its .exe file.
- Select Properties and click on Compatibility tab.
- Check the “run as administrator” box and run the game.
- If the problem persists, move on to the next fix.
Fix 5: Update your Graphics Card drivers
It is possible that your graphics card drivers are not updated which is why Dragon Age Inquisition is not launching in Windows 10.
To solve this problem, we need to update the graphics card drivers.
Follow these steps to do the same:
- Press Windows+X and select Device Manager.
- From the list of all installed device drivers, locate the display adapters and expand that list.
- Right-click the graphic card and select “Update Driver”.
- When prompted, click on “Search automatically for updated driver software.” and it will see if updated drivers are available.
- If they are available, the drivers will be updated automatically.
Fix 6: Reinstall DirectX and VC Redist.
The two most essential files for any game to launch are DirectX and VC Redist. It is possible that these two files have some problems and that is why is the Dragon Age Inquisition not launching.
To solve this, we can try to uninstall and reinstall DirectX and VC Redist files.
- Go to your C: drive by opening Windows Explorer and clicking on Local Disk (C:)
- Inside C: drive, go to Program Files(x86) > Origin Games > Dragon Age Inquisition > _Installer > DirectX > Redist.
- Run the DXSetup.exe and replace all the previous versions.
Reinstall VC Redist:
- Go to your C: drive as mentioned above.
- Then open Program Files(x86) > Origin Games > Dragon Age Inquisition > _Installer > VC and run the .exe files.
- This will be named VCRedist.exe inside the folder.
That was all, we have discussed more than 5 methods that can be used to fix the issues where Dragon Age Inquisition Not Launching in Windows 10.
In case you didn’t understand something, or you have any other queries regarding this article, then feel free to comment down below, we will be more than happy to assist you.