Among us is undoubtedly one of the most popular social deduction multiplayer games of the year, with an unparalleled gaming experience that’s not only easy to learn but also really fun to play with your pals.
In just four years of its release, among us has taken over numerous popular streaming platforms and gained the support of influencers and content creators alike, which helped the game reach whole new heights.
The demand for this exceptional game continues to be on the rise to this day. It’s available on every major platform, including Android, Windows OS, iOS devices, and more. Mac users have been, unfortunately, left out of this immersive experience.
The only Mac devices that support Among Us are the ones that have Apple’s custom-made chipsets in them. However, it does exist for Apple’s mobile operating system, which acts as a workaround for players to jump through the limitation and play Among Us on Mac.
So, read on to find out how you can play among us on your Mac devices:
Using An android emulator to play among us on Mac
As among us is readily available for android smartphones, you can easily use an android emulator on your Mac and get the among us experience in no time. There are several android abilities available for Mac.
However, for the sake of this tutorial, we will be demonstrating the BlueStacks emulator to play Among Us on Mac.
Download the BlueStacks Android emulator for Mac
BlueStacks is one of the most popular android emulators out there. It has a very user-friendly interface and easy control screen that provides you with a satisfactory Android experience on your PC.
If your Mac meets the minimum system requirements for the software to run, then follow the steps given below:
- To begin, head over to the BlueStacks website and click on “Download BlueStacks“ under the 64-bit Mac version of the software.
- Once the installer file is downloaded, head to the location using doc or Finder and selected
- Then, navigate to the installer and click on the “Install Now” button
In some cases, you might be asked to provide your Mac’s Login and password to be able to install BlueStacks, so make sure you have it ready with you.
Unblock and Launch BlueStacks
Once you have successfully installed BlueStacks on your Mac, you are almost ready to emulate among us on it. However, newer versions of macOS suspect BlueStacks as a harmful executable and will block it from running.
You may see a pop-up on your screen saying “system extension blocked” in this case. To mitigate this issue and proceed to launch BlueStacks, follow the steps given below:
- On the pop-up, click on the button that says open security and privacy.
- And you will be redirected to a new location where you have to navigate to the bottom of the window and click on the allow button next to the warning that says “system software from developer blue stack system Inc was blocked from loading.”
Once you have successfully done the aforementioned steps, you can launch BlueStacks and proceed with the rest of the tutorial.
Locate and Download Among Us
After launching the BlueStacks app, you will see a home screen with an app center that contains all the popular apps and games that can be emulated with this software.
In case you don’t see Among Us in the list, you can search for it through the search bar located in the upper right corner of the screen.
Once you find the game, download it and install it on your BlueStacks application. The game will be available in my games section once it has been successfully installed on your system. Now all you have to do is launch it and start playing.
Customize The Controls As Per Your Preferences
BlueStacks allows you to choose from various different keyboard layouts, based on whether you want to use a touch option, a joystick, or just your keyboard. This way, you can personalize the gaming experience as per your preferences to make it even more engaging.
Using The Boot Camp Method To Play Among Us On Mac
It’s undeniable that a MacBook’s performance cannot be compared when it comes to reliability and performance, but unfortunately, gaming is not a part of the spectrum.
To enjoy the flexibility of Windows along with the smoothness of Mac, however, is something that a seasonal user can do.
For this tutorial, we will be using software known as the Boot Camp that will help us run Windows OS on your Mac and henceforth, install and play among us on it. So, make sure that you follow the steps given below:
- First, you have to download the ISO file for Windows 10 from Microsoft’s website and save it on your computer in a place where you can find it later.
- You also need a USB drive with at least 8GB of free space. During the process, make sure you disconnect any other storage devices connected to your Mac and just keep your USB drive attached to the port.
- Then, open spotlight search or the utility folder to find the Boot Camp Assistant. Once you launch the application, take on the box that says download the latest Windows support software for Apple.
- You will see a pop-up asking you to locate the ISO file that you downloaded earlier. Just browse the ISO file and select the USB stick as your preferred storage media.
- Now, Allocate how much space you would like to reserve for Windows OS on your system. It is recommended that you should at least keep 20 GB of space free to keep things efficient.
Once you have done all this, now all you have to do is follow the on-screen instructions and Windows 10 up and running on your Mac. Afterward, you just have to download and install steam and start playing the game.
Playing Among Us On Mac M1/M1 Pro
Macbooks with M1 or M1 Pro chipsets are designed to support and run iPad apps easily on the native platform. However, whether you get your favorite app or not entirely depends on the developer as they need to fine-tune the app for Mac compatibility.
If you’re using an older version of Mac, you will have to resort to the other ways we’ve shared here to play Among Us. However, for M1 device owners, it’s going to be an easy ride to the social deduction bandwagon.
Follow the steps given below to download and install Among Us on your M1 device:
- Launch the App Store and search for Among Us in the search bar at the top-left part of your screen.
- On the next interface, choose the “iPad and iPhone apps” option
- Then, click on the Among Us game and choose the “Install” option
- You might be asked to enter the password for your Apple ID, so in case you’re prompted, make sure you can recall your password
Now, the download will be completed shortly and then you can start playing Among Us on your Mac.
So there you have to, now you can download and play Among Us on Mac devices without any hassles.
The workarounds we’ve shared above are easy to reproduce and should help you get started in no time. Therefore, go ahead and enjoy the unrivaled lore and suspense of Among Us on your Mac right away.