Have you got the CE-34878-0 error on your PS4 while playing games? It is very frustrating, isn’t it? But don’t worry, it’s easy to fix. In this article, you’ll find effective methods for fixing the issue.
There are a number of reasons why CE-34878-0 errors might occur. One of the most common causes is that the application or game crashed. In general, these errors are caused by corrupted data on the PS4 or system software issues.
The CE-34878-0 indicates that the game you are playing has crashed. It is necessary to restart the game if you receive an error code CE-34878-0. However, if you continue to receive CE-34878-0 errors, it may indicate that something else is wrong that needs to be fixed.
Therefore, today I’m going to show you some of the most effective ways to resolve the CE-34878-0 error on PS4 in this article.
So, let’s get started without taking any more time in introducing
Methods to Fix CE-34878-0 Error in PS4
Restart The PS4 Firmware
You can try restarting the PS4 console and controller if the error CE-34878-0 is the result of hardware failure.
- First of all, turn off your PS4 console and controller completely.
- Now, reboot both your PS4 console and your PS4 controller.
- Open the game that is causing the error and check whether it works.
Continue on to the next method if the error still persists.
Update The Game Software
Often, CE-34878-0 errors and other similar errors occur if the game installed on your computer is not up to date.
Because of this, it is always a good idea to keep your games updated to the latest versions. Sometimes, certain settings may prevent a game from updating. If this is the case, you can always manually update the game yourselves by following the steps below:
- First of all, go to the home screen of your PS4.
- Select the game that presents the error, then press the Options button on the controller.
- Click on the Check for Update option under the Options list.
- Nex, if you find any pending updates, just click on them to install and update the game.
- When you have completed these steps, restart your game console and relaunch the game.
Now check whether error CE-34878-0 has been resolved. In case the error still persists, try the next method is to resolve it.
Update The PS4 System
As previously mentioned, the error CE-34878-0 likely occurs when your PlayStation system crashes. To fix this, you should try to update the system software. To do so, follow these steps:
- Connect your PS4 to the Internet.
- Click on the PS4 Settings tab and then System Software Update.
- If updates are available, select Update (This method is not necessary if your PS4 system is the latest version skip this method).
- Please wait for the update to download. Once it has been downloaded, a notification will appear to remind you.
- Go to Notifications > Downloads and then follow the instructions for installing the update.
Open the game once again to verify that it is working now. Continue to the next method if it is not working.
Put The Original HDD
In the situation that you recently replaced the hard drive on your PS4 and now experiencing the error CE-34878-0, you will need to install the original hard drive to resolve the problem.
Many times, this error occurs with the stock hard drive of a PlayStation 4. If you decide to reinstall the original HDD, you may need to back up the PS4’s current data first.
- Insert the USB drive for the backup into one of the PS4’s USB ports.
- Navigate to Settings > System, then Backup and Restore.
- Now confirm which data you want to back up. You’ll have to download or reinstall applications after you create the backup if you decide not to back them up.
- Highlight the Backup and press the X button after selecting the data.
- Wait a few minutes until the process is complete.
- Once the backup is complete, now install the original hard drive into your PS4.
- After installation, play your games now to check if they work.
Also, Read: How To Factory Reset & Wipe A PS4
Back-Up Your Saved Data And Initialize PS4
To resolve the PlayStation error if none of the above solutions work, you will need to initialize your PlayStation 4. Make sure to make a backup of all the data before you do this. Then, follow the steps below:
- First, go to PS4 Settings > Initialization > Initialize PS4.
- Next, choose Full.
- Complete the process by following the instructions.
- Afterward, restore all your backups and reinstall your games and applications.
- Try your games again to see if they are working.
Contact PlayStation Support For Help
Unfortunately, if none of the methods above worked for you, the problem is something more serious. You need to contact Sony customer support in order to resolve this issue.
Some PS4s require repairs or replacements, so you may need to return them for fixing or replacing. You won’t have to spend much money if your device is still under warranty.
Conclusion – Fix CE-34878-0 Error in PS4
As you can see above, I’ve explained how to fix the CE-34878-0 Error in PS4 and I hope that you found this useful.
It is highly recommended that you try each and every solution in the article one by one. And I’m sure that one of them will definitely resolve the error CE-34878-0.
Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions regarding this topic.
Thanks for reading and happy gaming!
Also, Read: How to Fix WS-37403-7 Error on PS4?