Facing lag while playing your favorite game is the worst feeling ever. Some games lag due to their high system requirements, but few of these games are fixable by reviewing and optimizing the settings.
In recent times, many players reported facing lags in Roblox.
Even with good system specifications, the game was not running smoothly. So why is Roblox so laggy? & How to fix it? In this article, we will peek into some solutions that are out there for fixing Roblox lag.
What does it mean to lag?
Lag means the difference between the time you give input in the game and the time it takes for the output to produce.
For instance, you press the forward key to move straight. But, in-game, you move 3-4 seconds after pressing the key. This delay is known as lag. It’s the most frustrating thing that a gamer goes through.
Now, let’s take a look at:
Why is Roblox so laggy? How to fix it?
Lag in Roblox can occur due to various reasons:
Due to Network
The lag due to the network is due to an unstable internet connection.
Even if your internet speed is high, the instability, also known as latency, should be as low as possible.
In-game, high latency or ping will make players glitch around the map.
Due to Graphics
The graphics lag is due to the high requirements of the game, and you will experience choppy frames.
It is mainly due to your system’s low capability. With an old system, refrain from playing high graphics games.
Due to System
Another issue that causes in-game lag is heavy programs running in the background when playing Roblox.
Open Task Manager before playing Roblox & close all unnecessary applications to avoid lag.
These programs cause unwanted load on the system memory. Right–click on the application > End Task.
Now the question is how to fix it? There are many methods of reducing or ceasing the lag in Roblox. Try them & see which one works for you.
How to Fix if Roblox is Laggy?
If you’re facing the lag for the first time in Roblox, you might want to restart your computer before trying anything else. Try playing it again & see if the lag got fixed.
Playing with Wired Connection
Playing with a wired internet connection (LAN Cables) reduces the latency and delay in the speed. The link is more stable with a wired connection than a wireless connection.
Adjusting graphic quality
Reducing the graphic quality is a common step in fixing lag in any game.
- Open Roblox, and press the escape key.
- Click on settings, & search for Graphic Settings. You will get the option of Automatic & Manual Graphic setting.
- Change this to the Manual.
- Below Graphic settings, there will be a graphic quality regulator.
- Lower the Graphic quality meter. It will drop the quality of the frames but reduce your lag.
Deleting the unwanted textures reduces game lag to some extent. With the decrease in lag, you will observe a reduction in the gameplay quality. Follow these steps:
- Open Run by pressing Windows + R.
- Type “%appdata%” in the space.
- Locate Local Folder > Roblox > Version.
- In the Version Folder, navigate to Platform Content > PC file.
- There you can see the Texture file.
- Remove all texture files (excluding wangIndex & studs)
- Clear Recycle Bin.
Clearing out temporary files folder
Temporary files or cached data gets stored in the computer to reduce the startup time of frequently used applications. But sometimes, it can cause lag in games & other programs.
You can delete these files from your system:
- Again, open Run by pressing Windows + R.
- In the box, type %temp%.
- The temporary file folder will pop up.
- Select all the files (Ctrl+A) & press delete.
- Skip for files that are not removable.
- Clean the Recycle Bin.
Check for updates for your drivers. In games, old drivers can cause many issues such as lag, audio bugs, etc.
Make sure your drivers are up to date. You can check your drivers under the Device Manager. There are many applications for scanning and updating drivers automatically.
Changing DNS Settings
- Open Control Panel > Network & Internet.
- Under Network & Internet, click on View Network Status & Tasks.
- Click on Connections: (your connection).
- Go to Properties.
- Locate Internet Protocol Version 4 > Properties.
- Check the option stating Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Make the following changes:
- Check Validate settings upon exit & press ok.
Restart your system & start Roblox. Check if these changes made some difference in the game.
If none of the above steps worked for you, consider reinstalling the game. There are chances that some game files may have got corrupted. By reinstalling the game, those files will get replaced.
- Again, open Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Search for Roblox and right-click on the application.
- Click on Uninstall.
- Download Roblox from their official website.
With this, we hope that your query, Why is Roblox So Laggy? How to Fix It? is answered & solved. If the issue persists, maybe your system is not competent enough to run the game. Try upgrading your specifications like RAM or processor, etc.