If you are the one who owns a PlayStation Portable, then you will also have fighting games in your collection.
Fighting moves are something that is liked by gamers as they have finishing moves and challenging combos.
These games have been around for quite some time. Some of the best include Nintendo DS lite, the original Sony PSP, Nintendo Gameboy, and many more.
If we see, the relevant portable game console is Nintendo Switch, but some gamers like to play irrespective of old or new ones.
So here are some best PSP fighting games which are available right now,
Also, Read: 10+ Best Stealth Games You Can Play Right Now
Best PSP Fighting Games
Tekken: Dark Resurrection
- Dark Resurrection was released by Namco and was released on PSP in 2006.
- It is one of the best and most famous games on the PSP.
- It is all about fighting with an opponent and finishing him off with a punch and your skilled combos.
- This game has a total of 34 players and has different abilities for customizing characters.
- To be clear, this game is the same on the playstation, only it has different control methods and more upgrades.
Mortal Kombat: Unleashed
- This game was developed by Midway Games and was released on PSP in 2006.
- Mortal Kombat is also on the top of the list for gaming franchises which keep on releasing games for new consoles.
- There is a large list of characters from which you can choose to fight with your opponents with special moves and fatalities.
- Moreover, it is the sixth series of Mortal Kombat. It has various features like a new combo breaker and different weapons.
UFC Undisputed 2010
- This game was developed by Yuke’s and it was released in 2010.
- In this game you can build your own character and keep upgrading. When you have completed the career mode events. Moreover, it offers various characters for each play style.
- Also, the game is greatly improved over its predecessor.
- However the PSP version does not have online multiplayer, you can play against your other PSP friend (ad hoc mode) who is also in the same room.
Guilty Gear Judgment
- Guilty Gear Judgment was developed by Arc System Works and was released on PSP in 2006-2007.
- This game is a port of Guilty Gear X2 and many other series too.
- You can choose anyone from 5 playable characters who are in the story mode. If you are able to complete the quests, you can unlock 15 characters in total.
- The game becomes very interesting when you play with your friends in the multiplayer mode.
- Therefore it is a great fighting game for PSP, where you will be able to beat your enemies.
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
- This game was developed by CapCom and was released on PSP in 1998.
- Basically, it is a 2D fighting game for PSP which has some characters which are taken from Capcom games.
- You can choose from a variety of characters and also create your own character to play in other games too.
- Also, it has various modes like classic mode which allows you to play Street Fighter as a second version without irrelevant bells and whistles (3rd version).
Soul Calibur: The Broken Enchantment
- This game was developed by Project Soul and was released on PSP in 2009.
- This is also another PSP fighting game which has associations with Dissidia
- In this there are four characters which are present in a broken destiny and only if you have been replaced with new characters for the PSP version.
- The Gauntlet, Versus,Training Quick Match are some of the game modes which you can play.
- Moreover, the Gauntlet mode is a story mode which has 34 chapters which can be flipped through and the versus mode is a multiplayer mode but for gamers who have a PSP or PS Vita are in the same room.
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
- This game was developed by Square Enix and was released on PSP in 2009.
- Dissidia is an RPG fighting game for the PSP for those gamers who have played final fantasy.
- This game is quite colourful and combined with multiplayer and a great story which will make you play again and again.
- In this game the battle place has become much larger where you can attack, fly and dodge your opponents.
Def Jam: Battle of New York Capture
- Def Jam was developed by EA and was released on PSP in 2006.
- If you are a lover of hip hop music, then you will definitely love this game as various artists from the hip hop industry compete here.
- They have different styles with martial arts, wrestling and famous street fighting.
- Also, the story mode of this game is good where you are able to make your own character and enjoy the game with it.
- However, the game also features wild violence when it comes to fighting.
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 2
- Glazed blue was developed by Arc system works and was released on PSP in 2011.
- It is the first revised version of the original bless blue game. It has a host of game modes and 15 playable characters.
- Therefore, it is a two-dimensional game through which you can defeat your opponent using special techniques (Heat meter fill-ups).
- You can also feel your heat metre by mitigating attacks in dealing damage.
- This game was developed by studio Liverpool and pre-production started in August 2003.
- If you talk about quality racing games, Wipeout Pure is a great choice.
- The track design and atmosphere of this game is well-executed on each track. The high speed and graphics quality are two main aspects of this game.
- Moreover, this game was the first PSP game to support downloadable content where players can play with new tracks with some extra purchase.
- It contains weapons and shields which can be used against races on the tracks.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- This game was developed by Rockstar lead and released on PSP in 2006.
- It was an instant classic when it was released in 2002, but now it is building up the new steam at incredible space.
- In the fourth installment of the franchise, Vice City is widely regarded as the game which has made the grand theft auto franchise.
- If you talk about Vice City, it is a fictional city which draws inspiration for Miami.
- On to the open world environment which makes grand theft auto games so unique that they are back again, and gamers can move with freedom at their own pace.
Conclusion – Best PSP Fighting Games
These were some of the best fighting games on PSP which you can also play right now. If you are willing to play some of these old games, you can try your PSP emulator and download the PSP ROMS only from some of the reliable sources. If you’re a big fan of PSP games, then this article will help you to select some of the best PSP games.
So these were the best fighting games for the PSP. You can tell us your favorite PSP game in the comments, and if you think that we missed some game that should be here, you can tell us in the comments.
Also, Read: 20+ Minecraft Console Commands and Cheat Codes