How about indulging in a fantasy role-playing game full of combat and rich graphics? Well, the Lost ARK is perfect for adding to your action games fiesta.
While you would have tuned in to the game and encountered the Lost ARK not launching error, our solutions would fix the problem.
How to Fix if Lost ARK Not Launching?
Several methods help you fix the not launching error on Lost ARK. However, you must proceed to each one of them sequentially and implement them depending upon the cause.
Below-mentioned is a list of the same!
Method 1: Check System Requirements
You would try to launch Lost ARK on your system and encounter the not launching error. This error arises when there’s an issue on your device. So, before proceeding, make sure your hardware is compatible with it.
You would think about whether your device is compatible or not. Here’s how you can do so:
- Press the Win+R keys simultaneously.
- Enter msinfo32 in the text field and click on the OK button.
Besides, it’s also necessary to check the DX and graphics card versions. Further, if you have reviewed it and your system is compatible, then the following method would help you.
Method 2: Fix Corrupt Or Missing Game Files
Corrupt or missing Lost ARK files also lead to the Lost ARK not launching error. To tackle it, you must verify the integrity of those files to fix it.
Follow the steps given below to Fox Corrupt or missing game files:
- Go to Steam and click on the Library label.
- Navigate to Lost Ark, right-click on it, and choose the Properties option from the drop-down menu.
- Select Local Files from the left pane and press the Verify integrity of game files button.
Wait for a while, and Steam will check your game files. If there were anything corrupt, the system would fix it. Further, any missing game files would be automatically downloaded and installed.
Method 3: Run Lost Ark as an Administrator
One of the lesser-known reasons leading to the Lost ARK launching error is that the game does not have enough privileges. You should play the game in Administrator mode to get rid of it. This, in turn, would grant special privileges required to launch the game.
Follow the steps given below to run Lost Ark as Administrator:
- Locate the Lost ARK executable file and right-click on it.
- Select Properties from the drop-down menu and navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as Administrator checkbox and press the OK button to save changes.
However, if it does not help, your GPU might be a probable reason.
Method 4: Update GPU Driver
Running an AMD Ryzen or NVIDIA GPU is not enough. Its drivers must be updated to the latest version. If not, you will face several issues with the games you play or the heavy applications you run.
Similarly, an outdated GPU driver leads to the Lost ARK not loading error, so you should update it. Now, check whether the error is fixed or not.
Method 5: Stop Running Background Apps
When too many processes run in the background, your system finds it difficult to load games and apps like Lost ARK. Hence, you should stop running background apps to get rid of them.
Apart from the open tabs too, there would be several apps and processes that run in the background without your notice. Therefore stopping them is the ultimate solution.
Follow the steps given below to stop running background apps:
- Press the Win and R keys simultaneously.
- In the Run dialog box, enter taskmgr and click on the Enter key.
- Now, end all the unnecessary processes.
Even security issues your system encounters during the gameplay result in the issue. The following method will guide you through it.
Method 6: Add Lost ARK to Windows Firewall Whitelist
Windows has an inbuilt Firefall, which might stop you from playing the game. Adding the game to the Firewalls whitelist would avoid the issue.
Follow the steps given below to add Lost ARK to Windows Firewall Whitelist:
- In the Start menu, search for Windows Defender Firewall and click on the first search result.
- Select Allow an App or Feature through Windows Defender Firewall from the left-side menu.
- Press the Change Settings button, and click on the Allow another app button.
- Navigate to Lost ARK and click on Domain, Private and Public access.
- Press the OK button to save your settings
This adds Lost ARK to the Firewalls whitelist. Besides, Windows also has an inbuilt Antivirus which might interfere with the game settings. You can disable it to resolve the issue. The following method will help you with it.
Method 7: Disable Windows Antivirus
Antivirus software does suspect security issues with third-party games. As a security measure, it does not let your system run the game. There’s always an inbuilt Windows Antivirus enabled by default. To continue with the gameplay, disable the program.
Follow the steps given below to disable Windows Antivirus:
- Press the Win key to open the Start menu and open Settings.
- Navigate to Privacy and Security and go to Windows Security.
- Click Virus and Threat protection and press the Manage Settings button.
- Toggle off the Real-Time Protection to disable the antivirus.
Turning off the Real-Time protection disable the Windows Antivirus program.
Method 8: Disable Steam Overlays
Steam in-game overlays are, by default, turned on in its client. However, these often act as an obstruction and don’t let games connect with the server or create issues with their optimum performance.
Similarly, you can fix the Lost ARK not launching error by disabling Steam overlays.
Follow the steps given below to disable Steam overlays:
- Head over to Steam and open its Library.
- Right–click on Lost ARK and select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to General and click on the checkbox that says Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game to uncheck it.
Turning off overlays helped, but it was not enabled. However, if it was not activated or disabling it doesn’t help, then your DX9 is the root cause.
Method 9: Switch to Dx9
Most of you would be using the DX11 as the latest version. However, some users have reported that it results in numerous gaming errors. Therefore, you should switch the version to Dx9.
Follow the steps given below to switch to Dx9:
- Go to Steam client and head over to its Library.
- Navigate to Lost Ark, right-click on it and choose Properties from the drop-down menu.
- In the Launch Options, enter the following text,
- Save the changes and exit the Steam client
You should restart Steam and play Lost ARK, and the issue will be fixed. If it does not, then 3rd party programs or corrupt installation is causing the Lost ARK not launching error.
Method 10: Reinstall Lost ARK
When none of the solutions help, a corrupt installation, 3rd party application, or software creates an issue, in such a scenario, you must reinstall the game.
- Open Steam Library and double-click on Lost ARK.
- Select Uninstall from the drop-down menu and wait for the process to end.
- Restart Steam and then install Lost ARK.
Now, the issue will be resolved. You can even restart your PC after uninstalling it.
Method 11: Disable Overclocking
You might have overclocked your system for enhanced and robust gaming. Things seem pretty good until this starts creating performance issues on your PC.
Follow the steps given below to disable overclocking:
- Open Windows Settings and go to Update and Security.
- Navigate to Recovery and select Advanced Startup.
- Press the Restart button and wait till the Advanced Startup opens.
- In it, click on Troubleshoot and choose Advanced Options.
- Go to UEFI Firmware Settings and boot your system into BIOS mode.
- Expand Advanced and choose Performance.
- In the Overclock section, disable it.
- Next, save changes and reboot your PC.
Thus, it will disable PC overclocking and resolve Lost ARK not launching issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why won’t Ark open on my PC?
The prime reason for the Lost Ark not launching on the PC option is that your PC is running an outdated version of Windows 11/10 or graphics driver. Thus, you must update and install it to the latest version to play ARK.
The Bottom Line
While searching for how to solve Lost ARK not launching, you would have gotten your answer.
You can fix corrupt or missing game files, run the game as administrator, updating GPU drivers, disable Firewalls and antivirus, and switch to the DX9 version to resolve it.
If that still does not help, ensure you have not overclocked your device.