Fan of Twitch Emotes? Want to use Twitch Emotes on Discord? Then you are in the right place, continue reading.
Discord is a communication and chats application for gamers across the world. It cannot only send plain text or a voice message but also offers amazing features like voice channels, customer servers, and many more.
In 2020, Discord dropped its most important update which was integration with another streaming platform, Twitch. It creates an interactive community for their subscribers and followers.
Its new feature is that now content creators can use their Twitch account to connect to discord, which is free. With this feature, their subscribers on Twitch can be automatically subscribed to discord servers.
It can also share Twitch emotes in discord servers which help viewers and streamers to have fun and interesting conversation.
If you don’t know how to use twitch emotes on discord, here is the step-by-step process to do so.
Also, Read: How to Create a Server in Discord?
How Can You Twitch Emotes on Discord?
- Firstly, make sure that you have connected your twitch account to discord.
- For that, first, go to Discord User Settings which is at the bottom of the left corner of the screen, inset to your avatar.
- Click on “Connections” on the left sidebar.
- Click on the Twitch Icon which will be there in the list of apps.
- When the sign-in page appears, login into your account by entering your username and password.
- For completing the integration process, click on “authorize“.
In this way, your twitch account will be linked to your discord account.
How to Grant Access to Twitch Emotes in a Discord Server?
For doing the process to use your twitch emotes, you should sync your twitch account. For doing this you should have reached Partner status or Twitch affiliate, here are the steps.
- When you open your discord, navigate to the required server in the select down arrow which is next to the server name.
- Select “Server Settings” in the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Integration on the left sidebar and then select Twitch. You will see the important checkbox if it is not taken.
In this way, your subscribers of the discord server will be able to use Twitch remotely.
After the integration of Twitch to your discord server, some of the new permissions will be automatically created for your twitch subscribers.
You can adjust permissions accordingly and customize the role by renaming it.
You should be subscribed to the streamer’s twitch account if you are a subscriber or a viewer and a member of the Discord server.
Moreover, you can use your favorite emotes on the Discord server if they have access to Twitch emotes and integrate that server.
How Can You Use Custom Emotes in Discord?
Discord can also let you use custom or share emotes.
Previously you have been told how you can use twitch emotes on discord and also allow custom emotes for your subscribers in your Discord server.
If you are the owner of your discord server, then here are the steps that you can take to assess custom emotes.
- Go to the server page and select “Server Settings” as had been told in previous steps.
- Select Roles -> Default Permission.
- Scroll till the bottom and you will see “Use external emoji“. Make sure that it has been enabled.
- Select Emoji -> Upload Emoji in the server settings.
Make sure that you can grant this permission for all areas for particular roles like subscribers and moderators.
Final Verdict – Twitch Emotes on Discord
That was it, we have successfully connected our Twitch account to our Discord server and allowed external emojis and uploaded the emojis as well. In this way, we can use Twitch Emotes on Discord.
In case you didn’t understand something, or you can have any other queries regarding this article, then feel free to comment down below, we will be more than happy to assist you.
Also, Read: How To Install and Use Discord On PS4