Minecraft’s Potion of Weakness comes with both positive as well as negative effects. Potion of Weakness is a negative potion that reduces the player’s melee attack power.
Compared to other potions in Minecraft, the Potion of Weakness is very easy to be brewed in Bedrock and Minecraft Java editions.
In this article, we have covered in detail how to prepare the Potion of Weakness and reduce your enemy’s strength.
What is Minecraft Potion of Weakness?
Potion of Weakness is one of Minecraft’s negative potions that will weaken the enemy. It reduces the attacking power of the enemy by 0.5 then its original value. The player can brew this potion without warts, which is an important ingredient in preparing other potions.
Potion of Weakness only impacts the melee attacks, and regular weapon attacks remain the same. The impact of this potion lasts for about 1 minute and 30 seconds. You can extend the span of this potion by adding more redstone dust to it.
What Items are Needed to Prepare the Potion of Weakness in Minecraft?
To prepare the potion of weakness, you need the following ingredients:
- Fermented Spider Eye
- Brewing Stand
- Water Bottle
- Blaze Powder
If you are a new player, these items might seem new to you. But don’t worry. We will be discussing how to obtain these items in the next section.
How to Obtain the items Needed for Potion of Weakness?
As mentioned above, you need four key items to prepare the potion of weakness. And here is the process to obtain these items:
Brewing Stand is important for preparing, upgrading, and extending the potion’s span. The process of obtaining the Brewing Stand is similar to obtaining a crafting table.
To make a brewing stand, you only need a blaze rod and three cobblestone blocks.
Blaze Powder is the critical element to prepare the potion of weakness in Minecraft. This is the fuel to power the brewing stand. You need to place the blaze rods on the crafting table to obtain the blaze powder.
Once you place it, it automatically turns into a blaze powder. In order to get these blaze rods, you need to travel to the Nether dimension. Here, you need to fight the blazes and kill them in order to obtain the blaze rods.
You first need a glass bottle in order to make the water bottle. You need to right-click on the water to fill the glass bottle. To prepare this glass bottle, you will need three blocks of glass obtained by heating the sand in the furnace.
Now that you have the glass blocks follow the recipe below to get the water bottle:
- Firstly, place the glass blocks on the middle cell of the bottommost row.
- Place the other two glass blocks on either side of the second row.
- Now, make as many glass bottles as possible to create a good potion.
Fermented Spider Eye
Well, it is important to have a fermented spider eye to complete the weakness potion. However, this is a tricky one to obtain. Fermented Spider Eye requires three unique ingredients to craft it.
You need to kill spiders to obtain the spider eye. Now, you will need a brown mushroom. And finally, you will need sugar to complete the Fermented Spider Eye recipe.
How to Make Potion of Weakness in Minecraft?
Well, now that you know the key ingredients in preparing the potion of weakness and how to obtain them, here is the process of making the potion of weakness:
- Firstly, right-click on the secondary action key on the brewing stand and open it. Now, place the blaze powder on the leftmost cell of the brewing stand. This will become the power source of the stand, as it automatically burns itself to fuel up the stand.
- Now, place the glass bottle in either of the three cells at the bottom. With a single ingredient, you will be able to prepare three bottles of potion of weakness. However, to maximize the potion output, make sure to fill each bottle with water.
- Now, put the fermented spider eye on the top of the brewing stand.
That’s it. Your potion of weakness in Minecraft is ready to use.
How to Use Potion of Weakness?
One of the simple ways to use the potion of weakness in Minecraft is to drink it yourself. However, the potion of weakness is a negative potion, so it is not recommended that you drink it. Instead, you can use it as a splash potion.
Here is how you can do that:
- Firstly, you need to find and kill a creeper before it gets explodes. Creepers spawn mostly during the night. However, you can find these creepers in the daytime as well. When you kill it before it self-explodes, it drops gunpowder.
- Once you collect the gunpowder from the above step, you need to place it in the brewing stand in the top cell. On the left side of the stand, place the blaze powder to fuel the brewing stand (only if it is out of fuel).
- Put all the bottles of potion of weakness in the bottom cells of the brewing stand. After a few seconds, you find them turning into splashable ones.
Just like eggs, you will be able to throw these potions onto your enemies and make them weaker.
What Platforms Does Potion of Weakness Support?
The potion of weakness is supported on the following platforms of Minecraft:
- Java Edition (Both Mac and PC)
- Pocket Edition
- Xbox 360
- Xbox One
- Wii U
- Nintendo Switch
- Windows 10 Edition
- Education Edition
Now that you know how to prepare the Minecraft Potion of Weakness, it is time to use it against the enemies and lower their attack powers. Try to turn it into a splashable potion and lower the damaging power of the mobs.